ICAS tax conference 21 May 2015 in Edinburgh- discounted academic rate
April 23, 2015 | by admin
The ICAS tax conference – The challenge of change
Date: 21 May 2015
Time: 9am for a 9.30am start, concluding by 5pm, followed by an evening drinks reception
Location: Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian
A must attend conference that takes a strategic look at tax. A conference with a difference where we want delegates to be involved in the debate; a conference that is thought provoking; one that looks at high level issues and provides the opportunity to network with experts and peers.
The agenda takes a strategic look at tax and covers the following topics:
- Constitutional change and tax devolution – reflections on the Smith Commission
- Tax challenges for the new Government
- The Irish experience in working across tax systems
- What is acceptable tax planning now?
- The tax avoidance debate
- The new pensions regime
- Changing employment practices
- The changing role of the family tax adviser
Chaired by Margaret Khnichich CA, Head of Tax at EY, the conference boasts a strong line-up of speakers:
- Lord Smith of Kelvin KT
- Paul Johnson, Director, Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS)
- Elspeth Orcharton CA, ICAS
- Brian Keegan, Chartered Accountants Ireland
- David Small, Arnot Manderson Advocates
- Richard Britten, Johnston Carmichael LLP
- Jamie Jenkins, Standard Life plc
- John Cairns CA, French Duncan LLP
- Ewan Henderson CA, William Grant & Sons
CAPS Members £125 + VAT
Members £160 + VAT
Academics £160 + VAT
Non Members £195 + VAT
For further details see the ICAS website.
To register to attend the conference please email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote academic.