- This event has passed.
International Conference on Taxpayer Rights
September 30, 2020 - October 1, 2020
The Center for Taxpayer Rights is convening the 5th International Conference on Taxpayer Rights on 30 September and 1 October 2020 in Pretoria, South Africa, hosted by the African Tax Institute at the University of Pretoria, with technical assistance from the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD). This year’s conference theme is Taxpayer Rights, Human Rights: Issues for Developing Countries. This ground-breaking conference will include presentations by practitioners, scholars, members of the judiciary, and government officials on:
· Taxpayer rights as human rights;
· Taxation as a means to achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Africa and other developing countries;
· Independent administrative appeals and the promotion of integrity and fairness in the tax system;
· The role of legal privilege in the protection of taxpayer rights;
· Strengthening the rule of law and the protection of taxpayer rights in international tax disputes;
· Digitalization of tax administration and the implications for protection of taxpayer and human rights; and
· Barriers to access to justice and their impact on achieving Sustainable Development Goals.